Truck accidents are some of the most devastating collisions that occur on Florida’s busy roads and highways. Serious truck accidents often leave victims with life-altering injuries or disfigurement. When compared to typical car crashes, truck wrecks are more likely to result in death.
If you were injured in a semi-truck accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The Tampa Bay truck accident attorneys of Zervos & Calta, PLLC can help.
Our experienced legal team is known for:
- Taking aggressive legal action against careless trucking companies and their insurers.
- Providing superior legal services on a contingency basis.
- Fighting for fair compensation for our clients.
You have a right to demand financial compensation if you were wrongfully injured in a truck accident. For a free case evaluation, contact us today.
Our Tampa Bay, FL truck accident lawyers serve many areas throughout the state, including Hernando County, Tarpon Springs, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater.
Benefits of Hiring a Florida Truck Accident Attorney
After a crash, some victims opt to negotiate out of court with the other driver’s insurance company. However, this process becomes much more complex when a commercial truck is involved in the accident.
After a serious truck accident, you may have to deal with multiple liable parties and deep-pocketed insurance or trucking companies. This is why it’s essential to hire a truck accident lawyer in Florida when pursuing compensation.
An experienced attorney can:
- Conduct an Investigation – In order to pursue compensation after a semi-truck accident, you’ll need to determine liability – or who was at fault. Liability isn’t always straightforward. There may be negligence by any number of parties – the truck driver, the trucking company, third-party maintenance teams, manufacturers and other persons. Your attorney can conduct a full investigation and take legal action against all responsible parties.
- Navigate Federal Regulations and State Laws – Did you know that federal trucking regulations may be relevant to your case? State laws may also affect your compensation. For example, Florida is a “comparative negligence” state. This means that your compensation may be reduced if you are found to be partially responsible for the accident. An experienced attorney can easily navigate these laws and protect your rights.
- Use All Resources to Prove Fault – When pursuing compensation after a truck wreck, you must be prepared to take on large trucking companies and their insurers. At Zervos & Calta, PLLC, our Florida truck accident attorneys use top-notch experts, such as accident reconstruction expert. We have vast legal resources, and this allows us to build the strongest cases possible for our clients.
- Demand the Highest Compensation – If you were injured in a truck accident, you might have piles of medical bills. On top of that, you might not be able to work or take part in activities you once enjoyed. That’s why it’s important to demand the highest compensation available. Our legal team can aggressively fight on your behalf to secure the financial support you need and deserve.
- Take the Case to Trial – If you cannot reach a settlement with the insurance company, you will have to file a lawsuit to seek compensation. While the case can still settle after a lawsuit is filed, you still must be prepared to take the case to trial. The trial attorneys of Zervos & Calta, PLLC have years of experience in the courtroom. We will work tirelessly to obtain a significant settlement or verdict for your case.