Spring Hill Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are a frequent occurrence in Spring Hill and Hernando County, Florida. Many are merely “fender-benders” that result in little more than minor property damage. Others can result in severe and life-altering injuries. Car accidents remain a significant cause of injury and death throughout the state of Florida.
If you were recently harmed in a car accident, it’s important to know our legal team is here to help. For years, the Spring Hill accident injury lawyers of Zervos & Calta, PLLC have helped people put their lives back together after a severe car crash.
Our trusted team is known for:
- Providing superior legal counsel on a contingency basis with personal and continuous communication and compassion.
- Recovering millions of dollars for those who have been injured.
- Our vast network of expert witnesses and other resources.
- Our experience in the courtroom.
You may be entitled to significant compensation if you sustained injuries in a car accident. To learn how we can help, contact us today. Our car accident lawyer in Spring Hill, FL is ready to evaluate your case.
- 1 How a Spring Hill Car Accident Attorney Can Make a Difference in Your Case
- 2 Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
- 3 Time Limit for Filing a Spring Hill Car Accident Lawsuit
- 4 What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Spring Hill, FL
- 5 Common Causes of Car Accidents in Spring Hill, Florida
- 6 Talk to a Spring Hill Car Accident Lawyer
How a Spring Hill Car Accident Attorney Can Make a Difference in Your Case
When pursuing compensation after a car accident, it’s essential to hire an attorney. If you fight this legal battle alone, you risk missing important deadlines and making small mistakes that can jeopardize your case.
When you choose our Spring Hill car accident lawyers to handle your claim, we will:
- Fully Litigate Your Case – In the weeks and months following a car accident, you should focus on recovering from your injuries. Let us handle the heavy lifting while you recover. We’ll take aggressive legal action on your behalf and protect your rights.
- Negotiate a Full Compensation Package – We understand that the effects of a car accident aren’t just physical. You likely have suffered financially and emotionally as well. This is why we’ll demand a full compensation package to make you “whole” again according to the law.
- Navigate State Laws – The opposing side will fight any charge that they were careless or negligent. As a result, you need to be aware of state laws that may affect your case, including the issue of liability. Our attorneys have litigated complex cases for years. We know exactly how to use any evidence and applicable laws to your advantage.
Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
The financial effects of a car accident can be devastating. Thanks to Florida’s laws, you are entitled to full recovery for your losses, including economic, emotional and physical harm. In legal terms, that harm is called “damages.”
After filing a car accident claim, you may recover compensation for:
- Economic Damages – This includes any monetary losses you’ve suffered. It may include vehicle repair costs, damage to property inside your vehicle, medical bills, costs for future medical care, physical therapy, and other expenses. You will also be compensated for any income you lost due to the accident or may lose in the future.
- General Damages – General damages include pain and suffering, disfigurement and other emotional trauma. If your loved one died in the accident, a wrongful death claim allows you to recover compensation for loss of companionship or support.
Every case is different, and there is not a set amount of compensation for car crash claims. To learn more, call 727-937-3171 today. We will schedule a free consultation with our car accident lawyer in Spring Hill, FL.
Time Limit for Filing a Spring Hill Car Accident Lawsuit
Immediately after a car accident, the clock starts to run on the “statute of limitations.” This is the state law that determines how long you can file a lawsuit. The particular deadline for your claim depends on the type of lawsuit you file:
- When filing a personal injury lawsuit, the statute of limitations expires four years from the date of the accident.
- When filing a wrongful death lawsuit, the statute of limitations expires two years from the date of death after a car accident.
You should understand that the court is not flexible with these deadlines. Once the statute of limitations has expired, you will not be allowed to file a lawsuit. If you suspect your accident was caused by another driver’s carelessness, speak to a car accident lawyer near Spring Hill right away.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Spring Hill, FL
If you regularly drive, you should learn what steps to take after a crash. These tips can help protect your rights in the event of a car accident:
- Call the police and make an official police report. The police report could provide critical information if you later decide to pursue a claim.
- Don’t admit fault to anyone. Florida is a “comparative fault” state. That means your compensation may be reduced if you were found to be partially at fault for the accident.
- Take photos and videos at the accident scene if you’re able to do so.
- Did anyone witness the crash? If so, obtain their contact information. Your attorney can call them later for their statement. Be sure to obtain the insurance and contact information for the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you’re injured.
- Contact an attorney in Spring Hill as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Spring Hill, Florida
Car crashes in Spring Hill and Hernando County frequently involve:
- Distracted driving, especially texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield to right of way
- Disregard of traffic laws
- Driving in hazardous weather conditions
- Running red lights
- Unsafe lane changes
Talk to a Spring Hill Car Accident Lawyer
If you were harmed in a car accident due to another driver’s careless actions, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. Compensation can cover your medical costs, property damage, lost wages, and other expenses. You deserve an auto accident attorney with extensive experience helping accident victims.
Our Spring Hill car accident lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim. We will document your ongoing damages, take legal action against all liable parties, and demand the highest compensation available. Our law team has been serving Spring Hill for years, and we’d love to help you with your case.
To schedule a free consultation with our car accident lawyer in Spring Hill, FL, contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC at 727-937-3171.