Tarpon Springs Auto Accident Attorney
Cars are a part of everyday life for residents of Tarpon Springs, FL. When you drive on an errand or commute to work, you rarely think about the risks involved. Unfortunately, every year Florida is home to hundreds of thousands of car accidents. Many of those accidents result in serious injuries and even death.
If you were recently injured in a car accident in Tarpon Springs, Pinellas County, or elsewhere in Florida, it’s critical to hire an experienced attorney. The legal team of Zervos & Calta, PLLC has been serving Tarpon Springs for years. We can help you fight your legal battles and demand compensation on your behalf.
For years, our law firm has been known for:
- A personal and compassionate handling of our clients’ cases.
- Providing trusted legal counsel for car accident victims.
- Obtaining significant settlements and verdicts.
- Results-driven representation with no upfront costs or fees.
You deserve compensation for your injuries. Our goal is to pursue the highest amount you’re entitled to. We help you pay your medical bills, recover lost wages, and move on with your life. Contact us today to meet with our Tarpon Springs car accident lawyer for a free consultation.
- 1 How a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
- 2 What Can You Be Compensated For in a Car Accident Claim in Florida?
- 3 How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
- 4 What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Crash in Tarpon Springs
- 5 What are Common Types of Car Accident Injuries?
- 6 Talk to a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Lawyer Today
How a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
If you were involved in an accident, you might be wondering if you need to hire a car crash attorney. While hiring an attorney is optional, it will increase your chances of securing the maximum amount of compensation.
The auto accident attorneys of Zervos & Calta, PLLC will:
- Investigate Fault and Liability – Did you know that Florida is a “comparative negligence” state? This means that you can be found to be partly at fault in a car accident. If you are found partially responsible for causing your injuries, your compensation will be reduced accordingly. An attorney can fight any attempts by the other side to put the blame on you.
- Protect Your Rights – Recovering compensation for a car accident is a complicated process. You should be aware of time deadlines on your claim. You should also be aware that the complaint has to be served on the at-fault party. If you make a mistake, you might not receive any compensation. Your attorney can handle all of this while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Take Your Case to Trial – It’s ideal to secure a settlement out of court, but this doesn’t always happen. When pursuing compensation, you should be prepared to take the case to trial. Our team has years of courtroom experience. We can confidently represent your interests during the trial.
What Can You Be Compensated For in a Car Accident Claim in Florida?
When pursuing compensation, our goal is to ensure you’re fully paid for your physical, emotional, and financial harm.
Your compensation may cover:
- Current and future medical bills related to your injuries
- Lost income and future lost wages due to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Repair costs for your vehicle
- Rental costs while your car is in the shop
- Damage to any property inside your car at the time of the accident
Your auto accident attorney will review what compensation you may be eligible for and evaluate how much your claim might be worth.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
A legal deadline sets the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. This deadline is called the “statute of limitations.” Under Florida’s statute of limitations, you must file a lawsuit for personal injury within four years from the date of the car accident. If your loved one died in the car accident, you must file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the date of death.
These deadlines are strictly enforced by the court and exceptions are rarely given. Once the deadline has passed, the court will generally not allow you to file suit. This is why it’s essential to contact an attorney immediately after your accident. The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner a claim can be filed for compensation.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Crash in Tarpon Springs
If you drive regularly, it’s important to know what to do after a car crash. Our car accident lawyer in Tarpon Springs, FL, has compiled these tips:
- Have the police called immediately after the accident. The police will prepare an official report. This will be a key piece of evidence if you file a claim.
- At the scene of the accident, take photos and videos of the vehicles before they are moved.
- Never admit fault to anyone after the accident. The opposing side may use your admission to reduce your compensation.
- Once you obtain medical treatment, keep a copy of your medical records. Those records will be helpful when proving the extent of your injuries.
- Contact an attorney as soon as you can. An auto accident attorney in Tarpon Springs will protect your rights by filing a claim to negotiate on your behalf. If necessary, an attorney will file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires.
What are Common Types of Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can cause a wide range of harm, from whiplash to fatal injuries. Our car accident attorneys handle these common injuries among many others:
- Neck and back injuries
- Shoulder, knee and hip injuries
- Bruises and lacerations
- Broken bones and facial fractures
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injury
Even minor injuries, such as whiplash, can cause years of pain and other physical difficulties. This is why it’s essential to hire a car crash lawyer. An experienced attorney will ensure you are fully compensated for your harm and any related medical treatment you need in the future.
Talk to a Tarpon Springs Car Accident Lawyer Today
Being involved in a car accident is a stressful situation. You shouldn’t have to handle your lawsuit alone. With the help of our Tarpon Springs injury lawyers, you’ll be one step closer toward recovering the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation with our car accident lawyer in Tarpon Springs, FL. Contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC today. We have several offices located throughout Florida, including here in Pinellas County.