Tarpon Springs Truck Accident Attorney
When fully loaded, semi-trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. The massive weight of tractor trailer may make them incredibly dangerous to other drivers on the road. In the event of a collision, victims of truck accidents may be left with life-altering injuries and disfigurement, or can even be killed. Truck accidents are simply far more dangerous than motorcycle accidents, a bicycle accident, or a car accident, due to the size of the vehicle you are colliding with.
If you or someone you know was injured in a semi-truck accident, it’s important to know you have a legal remedy. The Tarpon Springs personal injury lawyers of Zervos & Calta, PLLC can help.
Our law firm has helped truck accident victims throughout Florida by:
- Taking aggressive legal action against negligent trucking companies.
- Upholding our clients’ rights against deep-pocketed insurance companies.
- Fighting to get fair compensation for our clients.
The sooner you speak to a semi-truck accident lawyer, the sooner you may recover compensation. Contact us today. We will schedule a free consultation at our Tarpon Springs office in Pinellas County.
- 1 How a Tarpon Springs Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
- 2 Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident?
- 3 What Compensation is Available After a Truck Accident in Tarpon Springs?
- 4 What is the Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
- 5 How do You Protect Your Rights After a Truck Crash in Tarpon Springs?
- 6 Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer in Tarpon Springs Now
How a Tarpon Springs Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
When pursuing compensation after a semi-truck accident, you shouldn’t fight this legal battle alone. Our Tarpon Springs truck accident attorneys will be at your side. Here’s how:
- Results-Driven Representation – We understand that you might be facing piles of medical bills, and you may be unable to work because of your injuries. This is why we focus on results-driven strategies to secure compensation for you as soon as possible.
- Aggressive Legal Action – In the aftermath of a truck accident, your priority should be on recovering from your injuries. We’ll aggressively litigate on your behalf while you focus on healing.
- Vast Resources – Our law firm has built an extensive network of expert witnesses, accident reconstruction services, and other legal resources. This enables us to fully investigate truck accidents. We go after all liable parties to maximize your compensation.
For added peace of mind, we take cases on a contingency basis. This means you don’t have to pay any upfront fees throughout your case. There is absolutely no cost unless we recover compensation for you. We’ve been serving car crash and truck accident victims in Tarpon Springs, Florida for years. Let us help you with your case.
Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident?
Multiple parties may be liable in a truck accident, including:
- Truck Driver – Truck crashes are often caused by a trucker’s unsafe lane changes, driving while under the influence, speeding or other negligent behavior.
- Trucking Company – Trucking companies must comply with federal regulations that ensure the safety of truckers and others on the road. Regulations include weight restrictions for cargo trucks and limits on how long truckers can be on the road non-stop. If the trucking company ignored regulations that led to a collision, the trucking company would be liable.
- Manufacturer – A thorough investigation may reveal that the manufacturer of the truck, the tires, or other equipment is to blame. Flaws during the manufacturing process can have devastating consequences on the road, including tire blowouts and faulty brakes.
- Maintenance Crews – Third-party maintenance crews are often contracted to inspect and repair trucks. In many cases, it is their responsibility to ensure trucks are in working order and free of mechanical problems.
What Compensation is Available After a Truck Accident in Tarpon Springs?
The financial, physical, and emotional effects of a semi-truck accident can be devastating. The good news is that compensation can fully compensate you for the harm you’ve suffered.
Victims of truck accidents in the state of Florida may be compensated for:
- Medical care for injuries sustained in the accident
- Future expected medical care
- Hospitalizations and ambulance fees
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Wheelchair, crutches, or other necessary medical equipment
- Lost wages and future lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Other mental anguish
- Loss of companionship and support, if your loved one died in the truck accident
Your truck accident attorney will explore all possible areas of compensation that may be available. Your attorney will negotiate aggressively on your behalf for the full compensation you’re owed.
What is the Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
If you plan on filing a lawsuit over your accident, you need to be aware of the “statute of limitations.” This is the deadline that dictates how long you have to file a lawsuit. The clock starts immediately after a truck accident.
In the state of Florida, you must file:
- Within four years of the accident, if you’re filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Within two years of the date of death, if your loved one died in a truck accident and you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
This might seem like plenty of time, but you should act quickly for many reasons.
- First, you’ll want to contact witnesses while the facts are still fresh in their minds.
- Second, trucking companies are not required to keep important documents – such as trucking logs and maintenance records – on file forever.
- Lastly, your Tarpon Springs truck accident lawyer will need enough time to evaluate your case.
How do You Protect Your Rights After a Truck Crash in Tarpon Springs?
While no one can prepare for an unexpected truck crash, you can protect your rights. Our truck accident lawyer has prepared these helpful tips:
- Call the police to make an official police report. This information can later be used to prove fault.
- If you can, take photos or videos of the damages and of the accident scene. These may also be used as evidence if you file a lawsuit.
- Do not admit fault, and do not sign anything that looks suspicious. You may be contacted by the trucking company or an insurance company after the accident. Let a lawyer deal with the insurers and protect your rights.
- When you seek medical treatment, keep a copy of your medical records. Your attorney can use these to help prove your damages and injuries.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible. An Tarpon Springs truck accident lawyer will immediately start collecting evidence and building a case. Remember that a strict deadline exists for filing a lawsuit. An attorney will make sure all deadlines are met to protect your rights.
Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer in Tarpon Springs Now
The aftermath of a truck accident can be difficult to bear. But with the help of our Tarpon Springs injury lawyers, you can put your life back together. We’ll take aggressive legal action on your behalf and demand full compensation for your losses.
To schedule a free consultation with a Tarpon Springs, FL truck accident lawyer. contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC. We have conveniently located offices in Pinellas County and other areas throughout the state.