What To Do After An Auto Accident
Our Personal Injury Attorney Law Offices in Clearwater, Tarpon Springs, St. Petersburg and Spring HIll Can Help
If you are wondering what to do after an auto accident that resulted in a personal injury, you are not alone.
- The following tips from the Zervos & Calta, PLLC, your local Personal Injury Law Firm will help you in the event you or someone you love is ever involved in an auto accident:
- Do Not Admit Fault: First, those wondering what to do after an auto accident should be sure to not admit fault. They should not say they were in the wrong to anyone, including the other driver, the passengers, the police, the other driver's insurance agent, or witnesses. Your perception immediately following the accident may not be the reality of the situation.
- Get Medical Help: Next, since you are suffering from an injury, make sure to get medical attention immediately. This is important even if you think that your symptoms are not serious. It is best to get a full evaluation to diagnose any hidden injury that could become even more problematic if not treated now.
- Take Pictures: While you are still at the scene of the accident, either take pictures yourself or have a friend take pictures for you. Make sure to document the damage to your car and the injuries that you sustained. This will serve as additional proof in your case.
- Take Notes: Immediately following the crash, after you have received medical treatment, make sure to take detailed notes about everything that happened while your memory of the events is still fresh. For example, take down information about the damage to your car. Also, obtain information from your doctor about the medical treatments you will need now and in the future to treat your injuries.
Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
As you can see, knowing what to do after an auto accident could be a huge benefit to you in the long run. For more information, contact a lawyer to discuss the facts of your case. An experienced auto accident lawyer will help you to get the compensation you deserve to pay your medical bills, repair your vehicle and make up for any lost wages during recovery.
To discuss your injuries and your case with an experienced auto accident attorney from your local Personal Injury Law Firm, call today at (727) 937-3171 for a FREE Consultation.