Personal Injury Lawyer in Oldsmar, FL
Oldsmar is a small but vibrant city located in Pinellas County, Florida. Oldsmar is known for several attractions, including Tampa Bay Downs Racetrack, Oldsmar Flea Market and several beautiful parks.
At Zervos & Calta, PLLC, we’re proud to serve residents of Oldsmar and the surrounding areas. We understand that accidents can happen even in a place as pleasant and peaceful as Oldsmar. That is why our personal injury attorneys are here to help victims get through their most difficult times.
At Zervos & Calta, our personal injury lawyers in Oldsmar have more than 45 years of combined experience and a proven track record of results. Our compassionate and skilled personal injury team helps clients get the justice and compensation they deserve. We’re committed to getting the best possible outcome for our clients’ cases. We’re not afraid to stand up to big insurance companies to fight for our clients’ best interests.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident in Oldsmar, contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC today. We have offices conveniently located in Tarpon Springs, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Spring Hill. We’ll travel to you if you can’t come to us.
Ready to get started on the road to recovery? Call us today or contact us online 24/7.
Types of Cases We Handle
The types of personal injury cases we handle most include:
- Car accidents. Car accidents can result from manufacturer defects and hazardous road conditions. However, careless drivers cause most car wrecks. When motorists are distracted, drunk, drowsy, or negligent in some other way, they risk the lives of everyone around them.
- Truck accidents. Crashes involving large trucks can be very different from wrecks between two passenger vehicles. Truck accidents are among the most deadly and devastating types of accidents on Florida roads. Truck wrecks are often the most complicated types of collisions. They may involve multiple defendants who attempt to shift blame to other parties.
- Motorcycle accidents. When a truck or car collides with a motorcycle, the accident may cause severe injuries, including bone fractures, disfigurement, brain damage and paralysis. Motorcyclists are typically the ones who suffer in these devastating collisions. Negligent and careless drivers of other vehicles often walk away unharmed or with minor injuries.
- Bicycle accidents. When bicyclists go out for a ride, they face a high risk of death and serious injuries when struck by other vehicles. While Florida law says that cyclists should have the same right-of-way as other vehicles on the road, negligent drivers often refuse to yield this right to bikes. All too often that leads to severe bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents. The most common causes of pedestrian accidents include distracted drivers, poor crosswalk designs and drivers who fail to give pedestrians the right-of-way.
- Slip and fall accidents. Wet floors, damaged sidewalks and poor lighting are common causes of slip and fall accidents. All property and building owners and managers have a duty to try to prevent these types of dangerous conditions. They must quickly remedy these hazards when they occur.
- Brain injuries. Major accidents like falls from high surfaces and car accidents often lead to serious and even deadly brain damage. When negligent parties cause significant accidents, victims can suffer from lifetime cognitive problems, chronic pain and other serious issues related to brain damage.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries are among the most devastating injuries that can result from major accidents. In the worst cases, victims with spinal cord injuries are paralyzed and lose their ability to control bodily functions.
- Wrongful death. When a person dies because of another person’s negligent or wrongful actions, Florida law shelters the victim’s survivors. They may file for compensation to cover their economic damages and non-economic damages related to the loss of their loved one.
Damages in a Personal Injury Claim
The amount of compensation you may recover for your injuries will depend on the specifics of your case. However, victims in personal injury claims may receive these damages:
- Outstanding and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Loss of the ability to participate in enjoyable activities
A knowledgeable attorney can help you explore the potential benefits you may be entitled to for your personal injury.
Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
Under Florida’s “statute of limitations” laws, victims may settle a claim or file a personal injury lawsuit up to four years after the date of their accident. If the victim does not meet this deadline, the right to sue for compensation may be forever lost.
These laws are confusing, especially for victims who try to file claims on their own. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can evaluate the details of your accident. The attorney can help you understand the rules that apply to your case.
How Our Oldsmar Personal Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Accident victims who work with an experienced personal injury attorney typically recover much more compensation than people who try to deal with the situation on their own. Our skilled Oldsmar personal injury lawyers can help you fight to get the best possible outcome for your case.
We can handle all of the details of your claim – from gathering evidence to negotiating with insurance – so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What to Do if You’ve Been Hurt in an Accident
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC right away. Insurers usually try to take advantage of victims after accidents. Insurance agents may try to talk a victim into a settlement that is much lower than what is owed.
When you contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC, we can help protect your rights from the strategies insurance companies use. We’ll help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Talk to an Oldsmar Personal Injury Attorney Now
Don’t wait a moment longer to fight for your rights. Contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC today by phone or online to schedule your free consultation.