Personal Injury Lawyer in Hudson, FL
Hudson is a gem of a city in Pasco County that is popular with residents and tourists alike, but sadly, it also sits within a county with some of the most dangerous roads in the state. The injury crash rate for motor vehicle accidents along US-19 and other areas of Pasco County is twice as high as the state average.
If you were injured in a motor vehicle wreck or any other type of accident, the Hudson personal injury lawyers at Zervos & Calta, PLLC are here to help you fight for your rights. Our trusted attorneys have more than 45 years of combined experience helping victims get on the road to recovery. We’ve helped clients recover more than $50 million for their injuries.
As our case results and testimonials demonstrate, we have the skills and resources to help you seek the compensation and justice you deserve. Don’t wait to stand up for your rights. Contact the compassionate and knowledgeable Hudson personal injury lawyers at Zervos & Calta, PLLC today.
To set up a free consultation, call us or reach us 24/7 via live chat.
- 1 Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- 2 Compensation You Can Seek in a Personal Injury Claim
- 3 Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
- 4 How Our Hudson Personal Injury Attorney Can Help Your Case
- 5 Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Hudson
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Hudson Personal Injury
- 8 Talk to a Hudson Personal Injury Attorney Now
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The respected personal injury attorneys at Zervos & Calta, PLLC are dedicated to working only for victims in personal injury cases. Some of the types of cases we handle most often include:
- Car accidents. Even the safest drivers in the world can suffer from car accidents caused by other people’s recklessness. Negligent individuals injure and kill thousands of innocent victims each year by driving drunk, speeding, allowing distractions to take their eyes off the road, and committing other careless actions that endanger everyone on the road.
- Truck accidents. Crashes involving trucks like 18-wheelers and tractor-trailers are typically some of the most serious road accidents since trucks are so large and heavy. These wrecks also provide some of the most challenging circumstances for victims trying to handle their own cases.
It’s often difficult for victims to fight for the compensation they’re owed since so many different individuals and companies – from the truck driver to their employer to the truck’s mechanic – might be liable for their injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are much more vulnerable to injuries than other drivers due to the small size of motorcycles and their lack of protection. This is why motorcycle drivers typically do all they can to stay safe on the road. Despite these precautions, other negligent drivers can still injure even the most cautious motorcyclist and force them into an uphill battle for their rights and fair compensation.
- Bicycle accidents. Between the pleasant weather and beautiful scenery, Hudson is a great place to ride a bike. However, the city can also be an incredibly dangerous place for cyclists. Since there are few dedicated biking areas in Hudson, this forces cyclists to ride on typical roadways. This exposes them to hazardous road conditions, such as potholes and loose gravel, as well as drivers who take dangerous and careless actions around bikes.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrians are usually the most vulnerable people on the road because they have no type of protection to stand between their bodies and vehicles. When a reckless driver hits a pedestrian, they typically cause serious and life-threatening injuries and leave families with mountains of expenses.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents often cause severe injuries like spinal cord and brain damage that can permanently impact victims’ lives. Property owners and managers must be held accountable when they cause serious injuries by failing to maintain or take reasonable actions to prevent unsafe conditions like broken railings, damaged walkways, and slippery surfaces.
- Brain injuries. While victims recover from some types of minor brain injuries quickly and without treatment, victims of most head injuries require invasive treatments, surgeries, and substantial therapies.
These injuries not only impact the victim physically, but they can also significantly impair the victim’s emotions, memory, reasoning skills, and personality. In the worst cases, victims never fully recover from their brain injuries and are forced to rely on other people for even basic necessities for the rest of their lives.
- Spinal cord injuries. These types of injuries are most commonly caused by accidents like car wrecks, falls, and collisions in high-impact sports. Some of the severe impacts of spinal cord injuries include paralysis, chronic pain, or loss of ability to control bowels.
- Wrongful death. When a victim dies because of a negligent party’s recklessness or wrongdoing, their surviving loved ones may be entitled to wrongful death benefits. This compensation is meant to help survivors like spouses and children cover damages, such as the victim’s medical bills, funeral costs, emotional distress, and the loss of the victim’s income.
At Zervos & Calta, PLLC, we understand that nothing can fully make up for the loss of a loved one. However, we know that wrongful death benefits can help relieve some of the burdensome costs of the accident, and we are dedicated to helping survivors fight for everything they’re owed.
Compensation You Can Seek in a Personal Injury Claim
Damages in personal injury claims could help cover things like:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of companionship
- Lost ability to participate in enjoyable activities
Our experienced attorneys will ascertain the full extent of your expenses, losses, and injuries and strategically negotiate for maximum compensation.
Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
Under Florida law, victims usually have just four years to settle a claim or file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident. Otherwise, they might not be able to recover any compensation for their injuries.
However, there are some narrow exceptions to this statute of limitations. A lawyer who focuses on personal injury law can help you understand which conditions apply to your personal situation. In any situation, it is best to contact our lawyers sooner rather than later.
How Our Hudson Personal Injury Attorney Can Help Your Case
Some of the ways the Hudson personal injury lawyers at Zervos & Calta, PLLC can help your case include:
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Utilizing our network of experts and specialists to testify in support of your case
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to help you get all that you deserve
- Ensuring the multiple documents required for your personal injury claim are filled out completely and convincingly
- Standing up for your rights in court
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Hudson
After an accident in Hudson, some of the steps you can take to protect your rights include:
- See a doctor. If you didn’t receive medical attention at the time of your accident, it’s critical to see a doctor as soon as possible to have your injuries evaluated. Your physician can treat your injuries, plus they can provide you with a medical report that could be a vital piece of evidence in your personal injury claim.
- Gather evidence. The amount of money that you can recover relies heavily on the evidence that you present in your claim. It’s critical to take photographs of the damages and the accident scene, gather contact information for any witnesses, and keep careful records of any appointments or conversations you have related to your accident.
- Call a respected attorney. Accidents are often overwhelming for victims who try to recover from their injuries and manage a personal injury claim on their own at the same time. However, you don’t have to face this alone. An experienced attorney can stand by your side and fight on your behalf for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Zervos & Calta, PLLC is committed to doing all we can to help victims across Hudson and surrounding areas of Florida, so we’re providing answers to some of the questions we receive most frequently.
Hudson Personal Injury
If you were seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s recklessness, then you might have a personal injury case. A knowledgeable attorney can evaluate your circumstances and help you understand your legal options.
It’s critical to work with an experienced attorney to improve your chances of getting the best outcome for your personal injury case. While victims are allowed to file personal injury claims on their own in Florida, those who work with attorneys are more likely to get maximum compensation.
The level of compensation you could get for your case will depend on the specifics of your accident, including the severity of your injuries and the amount of insurance or assets available. A trusted attorney can evaluate your specific case and help determine how much you might be owed.
Some simple personal injury cases can be resolved quickly. However, cases that involve serious injuries or complexities like multiple responsible parties or disputed liability can take months or years.
The lawyers at Zervos & Calta, PLLC work on contingency, which means we don’t charge upfront fees. We’ll only get paid a percentage of your settlement or verdict if you win.
Talk to a Hudson Personal Injury Attorney Now
Don’t wait to get on the road to recovery. Take the first step by contacting Zervos & Calta, PLLC today by phone or reach us online to schedule your free consultation.