Personal Injury Lawyer in Westchase, FL
Westchase is one of the most popular destinations in Hillsborough County for tourists, residents, and business owners looking to set up shop. The city’s population has almost doubled since 2000, bringing great opportunities like new businesses and housing developments. Unfortunately, urban growth also often brings additional risks like increases in road accidents.
If you or a loved one are suffering from an accident in Westchase, you don’t have to face the pain of your injury and stress of your medical and living expenses alone. The compassionate and knowledgeable Westchase personal injury attorneys at Zervos & Calta, PLLC are available to help shoulder this burden. With over 45 years of combined experience helping Floridians fight for their rights after accidents, we understand how overwhelming and stressful accidents are for victims.
This is why our attorneys are dedicated to doing all we can to stand up for victims’ rights and help them get the best possible outcome after an accident. You can trust that we have your best interest in mind because we have a proven track record of success. In addition, we won’t charge you unless we help you win your case.
If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC right away. To schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Westchase, Florida, call us or contact us online today.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Zervos & Calta, PLLC, we help victims get the compensation they deserve in a wide range of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents. Anyone who has been in an automobile accident understands the significant physical and emotional pain that these collisions cause. Injury victims who handle claims on their own will face confusing local laws and restrictions. They’ll also have to fight with insurance companies for compensation.
- Truck accidents. Nearly 75 percent of the persons killed in large truck crashes are the occupants of smaller vehicles. Nonetheless, it’s often challenging for truck wreck victims and their families to recover the compensation they deserve. Several parties representing the trucking company may attempt to deny liability.
- Motorcycle accidents. About 3 percent of registered motor vehicles in Florida are motorcycles. However, motorcyclists account for almost 20 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities. Florida roads are much more dangerous for motorcycle riders than for other motorists. Motorcycles lack much of the safety equipment found on cars and trucks, and they are much smaller than other vehicles.
- Bicycle accidents. Florida is one of the deadliest states in the nation for bicyclists. When bicycle riders share the road with careless drivers, any accident can cause serious injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents. Florida is one of the most dangerous states in the nation for pedestrians. The state’s warm weather attracts a high number of pedestrians, who walk to get to work for exercise or for pleasure. However, the state’s negligent drivers make walking a life-threatening activity. Nearly 400 pedestrians were killed in Florida motor vehicle crashes in the first half of 2019 alone.
- Slip and fall accidents. More than 800,000 people are hospitalized each year due to fall injuries, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sadly, many of these devastating injuries could have been prevented. When property owners and managers neglect to maintain their buildings and the surrounding areas, they can be held liable when that neglect leads to a visitor’s injuries.
- Brain injuries. It costs an average of $600,000 to nearly $2 million to care for the victim of a serious brain injury. These devastating injuries often leave victims unable to work, provide for their family, or care for themselves. Those injuries cost the U.S. billions of dollars each year in medical services.
- Spinal cord injuries. Frequent causes of spinal cord injuries include auto crashes and falls. These accidents may leave victims with severe impairments, such as chronic pain, limited mobility and loss of bodily functions. The victim may face lost income and years of expensive medical treatment.
- Wrongful death. When a person dies because of someone else’s negligent conduct, the victim’s survivors lose not only their loved one but also the physical, emotional, and financial support that the loved one provides. Nothing can ever make up for the loss of a loved one. However, wrongful death benefits help cover some damages caused by that tragic accident.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
Compensation in a personal injury case is meant to help victims recoup the economic and non-economic damages caused by the accident. Those damages include lost income, medical expenses, property damage and mental anguish.
Time Limit for Filing an Injury Claim
Accident victims have up to four years in Florida to settle a claim or file a personal injury lawsuit. That deadline is set by the state’s statute of limitations. However, these laws allow for multiple exceptions and special conditions. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help you understand how these confusing rules apply to your accident and injuries.
How Our Westchase Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Many people are overwhelmed in the aftermath of their accident and injury. It’s understandable that accident victims don’t know what to do after they’re injured by someone else’s negligence. However, you don’t have to handle the stress on your own.
Our Westchase personal injury team will handle every aspect of your case. With Zervos & Calta, PLLC, on your side, you can focus on recovery. We will fight on your behalf.
Steps to Take After an Accident
To protect your rights after an accident, call an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you understand your legal rights and options. We can explore the compensation that you may be entitled to for your injuries.
Our goal in each and every case is to fight for your best interests. Our skilled Westchase lawyers can help you get the best possible outcome for your case.
Talk to a Westchase Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you’re suffering because of a serious Westchase accident, contact Zervos & Calta, PLLC right now. Let our compassionate and skilled personal injury attorneys stand up for your rights.
Reach us online or call us for a free consultation. We help clients in Westchase as well as Tarpon Springs, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Spring Hill.