Spring Hill Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
With its annual Daytona Bike Week and hundreds of miles of scenic roadways, Florida is home to thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are also common here in the Sunshine State. In Hernando County, where Spring Hill is located, there were 101 motorcycle crashes that resulted in 98 injuries and five fatalities in 2019 alone.
If you were injured in a Spring Hill motorcycle accident caused by another motorist, the attorneys of Zervos & Calta, PLLC, are here to help. We understand the devastating effects that motorcycle accidents can have. We will do everything we can to ensure you receive full compensation to help rebuild your life.
We offer free consultations and never charge any legal fees unless we are successful in obtaining money for you. Contact us now to speak with a qualified Spring Hill motorcycle accident attorney.
- 1 Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Spring Hill
- 2 What Injuries Are Caused by Motorcycle Accidents?
- 3 What Compensation Can You Get After a Motorcycle Accident?
- 4 What Steps Should You Take If You Get Into a Motorcycle Accident?
- 5 How to Know If You Should File a Motorcycle Accident Claim
- 6 Contact a Spring Hill Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Spring Hill
Although every motorcycle wreck is different, the majority of these accidents involve other drivers who overlook or misjudge approaching motorcycles. The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Spring Hill include:
- Negligent left-hand turns – Drivers must navigate multiple lanes of traffic when they make a left turn at an intersection. When drivers waiting to make a turn focus all of their attention on other cars and fail to notice an oncoming motorcycle or misjudge the motorcycle’s speed, the driver may turn in front of the motorcycle and cause an intersection accident. The motorcyclist may be unable to avoid hitting the car if it turns unexpectedly in front of the rider.
- Distracted driving – Drivers who are focused on texting, talking on the phone, or other distractions often crash into motorcycles because they simply aren’t paying attention to the road around them.
- Following too closely – Drivers who follow motorcycles too closely require more room to stop than a motorcycle. If traffic comes to a sudden stop, a driver may cause a rear-end collision if he or she doesn’t leave enough room to stop safely.
- Speeding and aggressive driving – Motorists who drive too quickly or aggressively can crash into motorcycles as they weave through traffic or maneuver recklessly without checking their surroundings.
- Driving under the influence – Drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs often have slower reaction time and may fail to react in time to avoid an accident. Another motorcyclist who is impaired also may cause a motorcycle accident causing injury to other riders.
- Failure to check blind spots – Many motorcycle accidents occur when drivers merge or turn into nearby lanes of traffic without checking their blind spots for motorcycle riders. Motorcycles have a slimmer profile and can disappear more easily in an automobile or truck’s blind spots.
What Injuries Are Caused by Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle riders are extremely vulnerable in traffic collisions, so motorcycle accident injuries are frequently severe. At Zervos & Calta, PLLC, we handle motorcycle accident claims on behalf of injured riders that have the following types of injuries:
- Head injuries and concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial trauma and disfigurement
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Total and partial paralysis
- Fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
What Compensation Can You Get After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you were involved in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver in Spring Hill or elsewhere in Hernando County, you shouldn’t bear responsibility for the medical bills and financial losses resulting from the crash. A Spring Hill personal injury lawyer at Zervos & Calta, PLLC can help you file a motorcycle accident claim to demand compensation from the at-fault driver for:
- Medical expenses – Any bills from emergency care, future medical treatment, rehabilitation, therapy, or medications needed to treat your accident-related injuries.
- Incidental costs – Expenses you incur as you seek treatment or adjust to life with your injuries, such as costs of transportation, home accessibility modifications, or in-home assistance.
- Lost income – Any wages you lose because you were too hurt to return to work after the accident, as well as any diminishment of future earning potential if you suffer long-term disabilities as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering – The pain and suffering you endure as a result of your accident, including physical pain, psychological distress, and reductions in your overall quality of life.
- Repair bills – The costs of repairing or replacing your motorcycle that was damaged as a result of the accident.
What Steps Should You Take If You Get Into a Motorcycle Accident?
Taking the right steps after a motorcycle accident can have a significant impact on the success of your claim. To protect your legal rights to seek compensation, you should:
- Seek prompt medical attention to create a record of your condition.
- Follow through on your doctor’s recommendations for treatment, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Start a “pain journal” to keep track of your daily levels of pain and how your injuries affect your ability to carry out normal tasks.
- Keep a record of all the expenses you incur as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Notify your insurance provider about the accident but stick to the facts and don’t apologize or share unnecessary details.
- Avoid posting any comments on social media about the accident since an insurance adjuster could later use anything you share as evidence against you to minimize or deny your claim.
- Contact a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer for legal advice.
How to Know If You Should File a Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you were involved in a Spring Hill motorcycle accident, you may feel overwhelmed by the prospect of filing an insurance claim. That is understandable. However, if any of the following apply to your situation, it’s likely in your best interest to talk to a lawyer about filing a motorcycle accident claim:
- You suffered serious injuries in an accident and someone else was at fault.
- You are unable to return to work because of your injuries.
- You experience reduced quality of life as a result of your accident.
Whether you’re pursuing compensation from your own insurance company or that of the other driver, the insurance provider may attempt to minimize or deny your claim. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Contact a Spring Hill Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
The knowledgeable attorneys of Zervos & Calta, PLLC, have more than 45 years of combined experience fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims in Spring Hill and the surrounding Tampa Bay area. Each case stands on its own. But our team has a history of successful case results, and we are committed to helping you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us now for a free consultation with our compassionate motorcycle accident lawyers.